Wheel nut indicator that combines an Indicator with a standard dust cap for use on wheels without a trim. A globally demanded product which offers the additional benefits that come with a wheel nut cap for protecting the nut from weathering, corrosion and general road damage.
The Dustite® combines a loose wheel nut Indicator, with a standard dust cap for use on wheels without trims. Like the Checkpoint®, Dustites® indicate loosening of safety critical nuts and includes a wheel overheating function, but offers the additional benefits that come with a wheel nut cap for protecting the nut from weathering, corrosion and general road damage.
The Dustite® wheel nut indicator is a core product from Checkpoint Safety and is in high demand globally to include various specifications of the product for all of Western Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, Sub Saharan Africa and South America with increasing sales in Eastern Europe and Northern Africa. The Dustite® is offered in a range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout industrial, agricultural, military and commercial vehicle sectors amongst others.
The primary functions of Dustites® are to:
- Provide a clear visual indication of nut movement, particularly useful and applicable for commercial vehicle wheels
- Provide an indication of wheel overheating which is otherwise difficult to detect, usually as a result of brakes sticking or problems with the bearings, through the use of specific product material melting points (Standard and High Temperature options available)
- Provide a clear visual commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations such as DFT, HMRC Customs and Excise, VOSA, HSE, FTA and RHA
- Prolong the service life of studs & nuts, through protection from corrosion, weathering and damage.
The primary benefits of fitting Dustites® are:
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels and industrial/commercial structures
- Facilitates the ease of walk around and visual checks or audits to locate problems with fixtures or fittings where nuts are used as a critical component
- Reduction in maintenance costs resulting from accurate locating of nut loosening or wheel overheating
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Improved safety and protection of nuts and bolts from corrosion and damage
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
- Cost effective, quick and easy solution to implement
Dustites® are designed to be fitted on wheels without trims/step rings since the pointer, located at the base of the product, would not allow it to fit through the access hole on a trim/step ring. Where a trim/step ring is fitted to the wheel, Dustite LR® indicators must be used. Dustite® is fitted onto the wheel nuts in a recognisable pattern once the nuts have been tightened to the manufacturers recommendations using a suitable torque wrench. This must be monitored closely through routine walk around checks, so that if any of the indicators move from the initial pattern appropriate action can be taken.
Dustite® Standard/High Temp (HT) are manufactured in the highest quality virgin polymers and are resistant to moisture/water, road salt, oil, detergents and most other common solvents/contaminants.
The integrated design of the Dustite® fully encloses wheel nuts manufactured to ISO, DIN, or the BS standards that cover Spigot, Captive Washer, Conical, or Spherical seating wheel nuts.