A premium stainless steel wheel nut retainer, manufactured exclusively in the UK and distributed globally. The easy to fit Checklock SQ® sits on two adjacent wheel nuts and the coil structure firmly grips to reduce the likelihood of the wheel nuts loosening or coming away from the hub completely.
Checklock SQ® is a premium stainless steel wheel nut retainer manufactured in the UK and distributed globally. The Checklock SQ® has two handles that, when squeezed together with the fore finger and thumb, loosen the two coils enough to allow room for two adjacent nuts to pass through. When the handles are released, the coils tighten and grip onto the wheel nuts to retain them which reduces the likelihood of wheel nuts loosening, or backing away from the wheel hub completely. The product is durable and reusable, with no fitting tool required which dramatically reduces maintenance time and costs.
The Checklock SQ® wheel nut retainer is a new product that supersedes the Checklock®, previously made from a circular shaped steel material and now made from a square shaped steel cross-section. The Checklock SQ® has developed to become a core product from Checkpoint Safety and is experiencing high growth, with demand increasing globally. The Checklock SQ® is offered in a very large range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout the commercial vehicle sector.
The primary functions of Checklock SQ® are to:
- Retain wheel nuts to lower the likelihood of them loosening
- Greatly reduce the likelihood of wheel nuts backing away completely from the wheel hub
- Provide a clear commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations such as DfT, HMRC Customs and Excise, VOSA, HSE, FTA and RHA
- Can comfortably incorporate a wheel overheating indicator function
The primary benefits of fitting Checklock SQ® are:
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels and industrial/commercial structures
- Much improved vehicle safety through avoiding potentially severe road accidents resulting from loose wheel nuts or wheel detachment
- Simple to fit, with no additional tools required, to help the reduction in maintenance time and costs
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
- Cost effective solution to implement
- High quality premium stainless steel reuseable product
Checklock SQ® is designed to be fitted on wheels without trims/step rings. Where a trim/step ring is fitted to the wheel, Dustite LR® indicators must be used. Checklock SQ® is fitted onto wheel nuts once the nuts have been tightened to the manufacturers recommendations using a suitable torque wrench. The Checklock SQ® should not be used as a direct replacement for a sound, safe vehicle wheel maintenance schedule, should be fitted in accordance with the product guidelines (available from the downloads tab) and used in combination with a robust wheel safety system of checks.