Wheel nut movement indicator, manufactured in the UK and distributed globally. Checkpoint original® is the FIRST product in the international market to provide an indication of nut movement on vehicles and remains the market leading standard for wheel nut indicators.
Checkpoint original® was the FIRST ever product in the global market to provide an indication of wheel nut movement on vehicles and this safety system concept has gradually spread from its UK origin throughout the world.
Checkpoint original® wheel nut indicator is a core product from Checkpoint range and is in high demand globally. The Checkpoint® is offered in a very large range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout industrial, agricultural, military, rail and commercial vehicle sectors amongst others.
The primary functions of Checkpoint original® are to:
- Provide a clear visual indication of nut movement, particularly useful and applicable for commercial vehicle wheels
- Provide an indication of wheel overheating which is otherwise difficult to detect, usually as a result of brakes sticking or problems with the bearings, through the use of specific product material melting points (Standard, High Temperature and Ultra High Temperature options available)
- Provide a clear visual commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations such as DfT, HMRC Customs and Excise, VOSA, HSE, FTA and RHA
The primary benefits of fitting Checkpoint original® are:
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels, rail track and industrial/commercial structures
- Facilitates the ease of walk around and visual checks or audits to locate problems with fixtures or fittings where nuts are used as a critical component
- Reduction in maintenance costs resulting from accurate locating of nut loosening or wheel overheating
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
- Cost effective and easy solution to implement
Checkpoint original® Standard/High Temp (HT)/Ultra High Temp are all manufactured in the highest quality virgin polymers and are resistant to moisture/water, road salt, oil, detergents and most other common solvents/contaminants.