The Checklink® is a dual purpose loose wheel nut Indicator combined with a nut retaining function. The Checklink® attaches to adjacent wheel nuts and should wheel nuts start to loosen, will indicate so through the visual and clear bending and deformation of the link between the nuts.
The Checklink® retaining function also reduces the severity of wheel nut loosening, thus reducing the likelihood of wheel nuts from completely backing away the wheel hub.
Checklink® is offered in a range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout industrial, agricultural, military, mining and commercial vehicle sectors amongst others.
The primary functions of Checklinks® are to:
- Provide a clear visual indication of nut movement, particularly useful and applicable for commercial vehicle wheels
- Provide a wheel nut retaining function to reduce wheel nut loosening and reduce the likelihood of wheel nuts from completely backing off the wheel hub
- Provide an indication of wheel overheating which is otherwise difficult to detect, usually as a result of brakes sticking or problems with the bearings, through the use of specific product material melting points (Standard and High Temperature options available)
- Provide a clear visual commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations such as DFT, HMRC Customs and Excise, VOSA, HSE, FTA and RHA.
The primary benefits of fitting Checklinks® are:
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels and industrial/commercial structures
- Facilitates the ease of walk around and visual checks or audits to locate problems with fixtures or fittings where nuts are used as a critical component
- Improved security of the nuts through the utilisation of a retainer function
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Reduction in maintenance costs resulting from accurate locating of nut loosening or wheel overheating
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
- Cost effective and quick solution to implement
For best practice Checklink® fitting, please see the downloads tab. The product is designed to be fitted on wheels without trims/step rings, as the design of the product would not allow it to fit through the access hole on a trim/step ring.
Checklink® is fitted onto the wheel nuts once the nuts have been tightened to the manufacturers recommendations using a suitable torque wrench. This must be monitored closely through routine walk around checks, so that if any of the Checklinks® become deformed, appropriate action can be taken.
Checklink® Standard/High Temp (HT) are manufactured in the highest quality virgin polymers and are resistant to moisture/water, road salt, oil, detergents and most other common solvents/contaminants.